• MKE Lit Supply
• Abolition Today
• Paul Cuffee Abolitionist Center
• Workers World Party
• National Lawyers Guild
• Prisoners Solidarity Committee of Workers World Party
• Fight Toxic Prisons
• Party for Socialism and Liberation, PSL
• I am We Prisoners Advocacy Network
• Millions for Prisoners
• Roc's House
• JLS International Law Project
• Incarcerated Workers Organizing Committee
• Santa Maria Youth Abolitionist
• Florida Prisoner Solidarity
• Alabama Students Against Prisons
• New Afrikan Black Panther Party
• Oakland Abolition and Solidarity
• RAF NYC (Revolutionary Abolitionist Front)
• RAF NYC (Revolutionary Abolitionist Movement)
• Inside-Outside Solidarity
• George Jackson University
• Prisoners Rights Advocacy Team at GRASSROOTS ALLIANCE FOR JUSTICE
• A.A.R.F. Autonomous Anarchist Revolutionary Front
• Esther Luz
• Black Liberation Fund
• Trapped Voices Inc.
• East Los Angeles-Revolutionary Action Party
• East Bay Prisoner Support
National Shut'em Down Demos
National Shut'em Down Demonstrations: In the spirit of Abolition on the historical dates of August 21st and September 9th, 2021 organizers must highlight prisoners’ historical struggles, and the current political struggles to dismantle the prison industrial slave complex. Jailhouse Lawyers Speak nation membership is calling for mass outside demonstrations.
Specific locations: ICE, jails, prisons, and higher learning institutions. (With regards to higher learning institutions we are pointing towards the learning institutions with connections to prison labor).
A few states may already have specific ongoing campaigns that directly speak to decarceration or closing down a prison or jail. Efforts should be made to network to boost those campaigns on these dates at the recommended locations. With everyone working across the nation on the same days, this would magnify our struggle for humanity and highlight specific state related campaigns. These “Shut’em Down” demonstrations should serve as a wake up call to every person in this nation that the current jailing path does not work and it’s time to end it.
In the days leading up to the Shut’em Down demonstrations, we will post locations of planned Abolition demonstrations and endorsements on iamweubuntu.com.
If you know you will be holding a “Shut’em Down” demo or simply would like to be listed as an endorser, email us at email@example.com
IWOC is the media contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to visit the Fundraiser to support the efforts of JLS
Dare 2 Struggle Dare 2 Win! Jailhouse Lawyers Speak